We didn’t want to remove VBS from our Summer events at MCMAC due to Social Distancing. So we decided to bring VBS to your home this Summer. Each day a new daily theme will be available on our website.
This is a free event. However we request all children must be registered online. Our virtual VBS runs from Monday – Friday on August 10-14 from 10 AM – 12 PM.
Here’s how it works
- Your family registers below.
- On Monday, August 10 watch as we release videos each day on our website.
- Invite others as you feel comfortable.
- Register now: https://forms.gle/ZY5nVt2nr3b6yoTq8
(Please note that people have had troubled registering on WeChat/phone browser but it worked fine on a computer)
READ THIS FIRST!
Thank you for joining us for an exciting week at FOCUS VBS 2020! We are looking forward to partnering with you as you lead Virtual VBS in your home. Our hope is that our kit will help you guide your family through an exciting, fun-filled week TAKING A CLOSER LOOK at Jesus’s great love!
This package provides everything you need for a high-quality, memorable Vacation Bible School. It’s available for a low cost of $15 and includes craft materials, Focus Backpack and a Focus Buff (to be used as a bandanna, ponytail holder, hat, or sun guard)
Before you dive in or get overwhelmed, carefully review this document – it contains all of the information you’ll need to be successful.
First and foremost, we believe in FUN and plan for you to spend this week laughing a lot!
What’s Included? The supplies in this kit are divided out by day. Open each day’s kit only when you’re ready to begin that day’s lesson and activities. This helps build excitement and prevents lost supplies.
Each day’s packet contains a detailed instruction packet and necessary supplies. It also outlines a few supplies you’ll need to gather from home.
Here are the components of Virtual VBS:
– Daily Video: a 30 minute video that includes worship songs, an introduction to the day’s Bible Story, games, and more! This will presented at 10AM.
– Leader Devo: a short devotional for you to read through and reflect upon; it will introduce you to the day’s bottom line and Bible Story.
– Explore: a STEAM activity that extends learning through hands-on experimentation and discovery.
– Move: an activity that increases oxygen in a child’s brain and taps into the energy in their bodies.
– Connect: an activity that invites kids to share and build on their understandings with others.
– Reflect: an activity that creates space for personal understanding and application.
What does a day of Virtual VBS look like? Great question! In short, that’s completely up to you! The daily activities will take about 2 hours to complete. We suggest you begin with the Daily Video & Leader Devo, then move onto the activities. You can do them all at once, spread them throughout the day… whatever works best for your family!
You’re not alone! This year looks very different than what we’re all used to when it comes to Vacation Bible School, but don’t worry, we’re in it together! Our Team is here for you! If you find that you’re missing supplies, have difficulty streaming the daily videos, need advice about a specific activity, or just want to say hi… reach out. We love partnering with you!
How do I get in touch with you? We are very reachable! Email is preferred.
Pastor Jeffery Chan, Pastor of Children and Youth Ministries, firstname.lastname@example.org
We know this is a big undertaking. You’ve got this! We’re cheering you on every step of the way and can hardly wait to hear the amazing stories of your week.
Always remember, YOU ARE LOVED!